The Vitae Researcher Development Framework is a guide to your development as a professional researcher, enabling you to identify the strengths you already have and prioritise those you need to develop.
“The terminology of ‘competences’ is used throughout the Royal Bank of Scotland framework, and is in line with the Researcher Development Framework. It is easy to map the content of the Researcher Development Framework with the Royal Bank of Scotland competence framework.” Royal Bank of Scotland
You can also download a Professional Development Planner to develop an action plan.
The RDF and Planner can be used to:
- aid self-reflection and set yourself aspirational goals
- choose the most appropriate formal and informal development opportunities provided by your institution and seek development opportunities beyond your research
- prepare for one-to-one progress reviews, appraisals, and career development conversations with your principal investigator, research manager, or mentor
- consider how your skills and experiences will enhance your career prospects
- highlight, articulate, and evidence the transferability of your skills in your CV, in job applications, and during interviews